Friday, November 5, 2010

Week 22

I have decided to start calling the babies “Cheech & Chong”. It’s so much funnier than “A & B”. I have heard lots of other suggestions too, such as “Donny & Marie”, “Wallace & Gromit”, Captain & Tenille”, “Bartles & Jaymes” “Lars & Lita” and more.

The kicks are very strong now. When I lie still and lift my shirt up, I can literally see my belly move from the force of them. It is amazingly cool.

The only bummer really, is the Satanic Fiery Lava Heartburn. (I don’t think I can eat Amy’s Black Bean Chili anymore, or anything even slightly spicy for that matter) It’s proving to be brought on even stronger with worry and stress. And I have been both of those lately. Jesse’s new work schedule at Stream has him working nights and weekends. I feel pretty alone and bummed out, and add the sudden daylight savings time darkness of fall, and it’s a pretty dismal feeling. I see him for about an hour in the morning and about an hour at night. And it’s the same on the weekends.

I worry that he won’t be around when I go into labor, or whatever...I mean, my mind goes crazy. I could win a contest for Crazy Imagination: Negative Thoughts Category. Also I had quite a time scheduling all of our prenatal education classes. With Jesse’s shitty schedule, we could only take classes on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday nights. Many of them are only available on weekends. It took me three days navigating two different healthcare systems to pin down our classes. Plus, they cost an arm and a leg. And one of the women I talked to on the phone kind of freaked me out by stressing the importance of taking the classes AS SOON AS POSSIBLE in case I have to go on bed rest. So now I’m frickin worried about that, too. Eventually I was able to schedule everything. There are a couple that he will have to call in sick from work to attend, or possibly switch shifts with someone. Sigh.

Finally, I got a call today from the doctor - at the last ultrasound, they could not get a very good look at Chong’s stomach and I will have to come back for another look-see. Now I knew that this was a possibility, the tech who did the ultrasound told me that since there are two babies, it’s really hard to get a good view & measurement of all the babies’ organs and most likely I would have to come back another day. (and that it’s very common and nothing to worry about) And that is all it is. But the worrying side of me is very concerned that something is wrong. So the battle between my rational/irrational mind begins. And no amount of ice cream seems to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment